Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bed Time Routine!.....or not

Sophia and I got a good thing going. We have our usual bedtime routine. We brush our teeth, lay in mommy and daddy's big bed, read a story from our Disney Bedtime Book , then we cuddle until one of us falls asleep (it's usually mommy first. Hehe), then daddy will put sophia into her crib so he can have his side of the bed back (some of his side anyway). But then that darn 2 AM mark. Sophia starts crying and I find myself half asleep hanging over her bed to hold her hand. I can literally feel my back getting to a point of no return (hunchback of Kilikina they'll call me!)... I had to put my foot down. I had to put a stop to this. I figured, maybe I baby her too much so she's a mommy's girl and wants mommy's hand in the middle of the night? So tonight I tried to just let her fall sleep on her own in her crib.... boy was that the longest 30 minutes of my life! Yikes! So. Many. Tears! (From both of us.)
But I just kept telling her I was there and she's safe and she drifted off to sleep nicely. And guess what.... She slept through the night!!!! No 2 AM hand holding!!! I did it guys... I did it! Haha!
 
*3/4 through this post I fell asleep which is the reason why it talks about "tonight" but is being posted this morning. Haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment