Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Magically Moist Meaballs

So tonight I made these incredibly delicious meatballs.
 
 I totally winged it and it came out AMAAAAAZING! My grandmother taught me how to make her famous Sweet and Sour Meatballs when I was 18. Tonight I was playing around with the recipe and sorry grams, but I'm gonna be making it my way from now on. LOL. It was so delicious that I even ate it plain, without sweet and sour sauce. Now unfortunately my grandma never taught me how to measure things she always said "just eye ball it, you'll know." So I've been "eye-balling" it forever now (haha).
If your set-up looks like this- you're on the right track ;)
So I will simply try my best to keep measurements on the lower side, if you try it and it looks a little off you can always add more ;)
 
My Magically Moist Meatballs:
1.5 lbs. Ground beef
1 Egg
1/4 c Breadcrumbs- I like to soak some croutons in milk, it has more flavor
1/4 c. Ketchup
2 tsp. Worstershire Sauce
Green onions
Parsley
Salt
Pepper
 
 
-So first I added a pinch of salt and pepper to season the meat. I then added the ketchup and worstershire sauce. breadcrumbs, and the egg.
 
-I used the best kitchen utensil to mix it-- MY HANDS! (Beware, it can get pretty cold and uncomfortable!)
 
-I chopped up the green onions and parsley pretty small, almost diced, and mixed them in.
 
-I heated the pan with some oil and rolled them into tiny little meatballs- they were bite sized for Sophia and I.
 
-I kept the pan heated at a medium heat so they could cook without burning. As they were cooking I covered the pan to seal in the heat and cook them faster, (I found that this is what made the meatballs so soft and moist! It was amazing!) And cooked them until they were brown (or a little black, my fave). 
 

 
I picked at the finished ones and realized I really didn't need to put any sauce on them BUT if you are wanting to try the Sweet and Sour Sauce the recipe is below:
again, I always eyeball and add more to taste, but I'll try my best
 
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1 c. Brown Sugar
2 c. Ketchup
2 tsp. Worstershire Sauce
a few squirts of mustard
a few drizzles of honey
 
I totally didn't know how much mustard and honey to add, just add to taste.
 
Throw all these crazy ingredients into a small pot on medium heat and stir.
 
If it is too sweet: add more ketchup and worstershire sauce
 
If it is too sour or tart: add more sugar and honey
 
 
Comment after you've tried my crazy recipe and let me know how it worked out for you!! I will try to make it again and get some measurements down HAHA!


0 comments:

Post a Comment